Guidelines for taking screenshots
- Screenshots are published under the terms of the packaged software itself.
- Your screenshots must be in PNG format.
- Due to legal reasons screenshots for non-free packages aren't accecpted.
- Images larger than 800x600 pixels will automatically be reduced to that size (retaining the aspect ratio of course). So if you like to control the exact result of what you upload then make sure your image size is no larger than that.
- Your screenshot should contain a typical scene when working with it. When snapshotting a browser load the debian.org home page. A screenshot of a graphics program should have a drawing loaded. Of a game please make a screenshot while you are playing and not of the start screen.
- Nice tools for taking screenshots are shutter, ksnapshot (KDE), gimp, xwd or scrot. See the Debian wiki for more information on how to make screenshots under Debian.
- You need not artificially switch off your window decorations.
- Please set your language to english so that everybody understands it. If you don't use english by default please start your application from a shell using after setting "export LANG=C".
- Please only take a screenshot of the respective application and not of your whole desktop (unless the screenshot is meant for a window manager).
- Interlaced PNG files cannot be processed currently. Please use non-interlaced images.
They also say that if you check your own software centre you should see your screen shot almost immediately however this doesn't mean that it has been accepted. Also as they are manually checking the screen shots if a large number are added at the same time it may be a while before they accept or deny your submission and you see it any were else.
My first attempt for xSMBrowser